Saturday, May 5, 2007

Saudi Citizenship!!!

It seems Saudi Arabia is giving away citizenships to residents who match up as per their standards (Phd's and Specialized jobs related individuals). Reading it made me interested for a minute, but then after thinking about it... Who would want to actually change their citizenship to a Saudi one. It looks more like a good try at buying the brains to run the economy. It reminds me of Qatar nationalizing african and other nations citizens as their own to run in the the Doha games. I know people who would love to have a US or Canadian citizenship, but for a Saudi or a Qatari citizenship,...hmmm... its goto be the flow of money for majority of the cases. My support stands for those who although have been working in another country all their lives, stil retain the citizenship of their original countries. I mean at the end , if you are a Saudi or a Qatari, a change in the paperwork doesnt make u the other.

No comments: